Wednesday 1 May 2013

Catrice: Absolute NUDE Eyeshadow Palette review

Hi Guys!
You've probably heard about the NAKED 1 + 2 palettes. Those were a huge success but a little bit expensive. Those are not trendy anymore a while now, but finally the drugstore made a nude palette. Catrice designed this Absolute Nude palette. It has 6 colors and I have been using it almost everyday lately. I really love the colours.
The Catrice Absolute Nude Palette in 010 All the Nude is available at the drugstores for only € 4,99.


I think Catrice did a really goo job with the packaging. Really simple yet pretty. I love that the lid is clear, that way you can immediately see the colors. It´s a nice design.
 Normally I don´t like the brushes that come with eyeshadows but this one I really like. I don´t use the sponge-side but the brush on the other side is amazing. Really soft and perfect for blending.
The palette cantains 6 colors. Catrice didn't gave them names but I will describe them or you.
  1. Very light, soft, shimmery peachy beige.
  2. Soft pink.
  3. Bronze with a pink undertone
  4. Bronze with a golden undertone
  5. Dark brown with silver shimmer
  6. Dark brow with a taupe undertone a golden shimmer

Now the swatches:

WOW! I'm impressed, so much pigmentation. The colors are all warm and very wearable. My favorite is the third one, such a beautiful bronze color. But I also like the first color on the brow bone. Catrice did a really good job on this one, a lot of variation and beautiful colors.
 On the picture above you see the shadow after I made a look with it. You can really see how amazing the quality is. There're almost no crumbly things. Well done Catrice!


How I made the look:
  1. Apply an eyeshadow base (Essence, I Love Stage Eyeshadow Base)
  2. Sweep the third color of the Absolute Nude Palette all over your lid.
  3. Use the first color as a highlight in you innercorner an don your browbone.
  4. Apply the fifth color in you crease and blend it all together.
  5. Use the last color as a liner for a natural look or use a bold eyeliner like I did. This gives your look more dimension and depth (Maybelline, Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Liner, 01 Black).
  6. Apply you favorite mascara (Maybelline, The Falsies Volum'Express Mascara, Flared).
And then..... The sun started shining. I already used the palette but I had to take pictures to show the beauty of it.
I'm very pleased with the palette and I'm using it on a daily basis in combination with another, brighter color. On the back the palette it says that is has a mix of matte and shimmery colors, but all the colors are shimmery.That's the only con I could find.
This is 010 All The Nude and I genuinely hope they bring out more variations of it. Maybe one with just matte colors or an absolute color palette. That would be amazing.
xXx Imke 

No comments:

Post a Comment