Friday 18 October 2013

Lush Lemony Flutter Review!

Hi Guys!
It won't be news for you that I love nail-art.
But before you actually start painting your nails, you need a good base to work on.
I'm not talking about getting your nails smooth and oil free, but about your cuticles!
You can't expect to grow healthy and strong nails while your cuticles look like dehydrated, ruined piles of dead skin.
Take care of them!
A holy grail of a lot of beauty guru's is Lush' Lemony Flutter hand and cuticle butter (£6.50, eu 10,45),
So I decided to give it a try to!
This what it says on the packaging:
(I bought the product in Germany, because I couldn't find it in Holland, So the packaging is in Germam, but I will translate it into English :-)
LEMONY FLUTTER
Cuticle Butter
Head and shoulders, knees and toes. And don’t forget the cuticles. A super-thick cream choc full of rich ingredients to help you get to grips with dry bits. Knees, elbows, heels, nails and cuticles – all will benefit from some Lemony Flutter attention.

The Review!Lemony Flutter is Vegetarian







Ingredients: Fresh Organic Lemon Infusion, Shea Butter,Beeswax, Lanolin, Soya Oil, Organic Cold Pressed Avocado Oil, Mango Butter, Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, Castor Oil, Perfume, Organic Cold Pressed Wheatgerm Oil, Lemon Oil, Lavender Oil, Tagetes Oil, Chamomile Blue Oil, Triethanolamine, Stearic Acid, Cetearyl Alcohol, Gardenia Extract, *Citral,*Geraniol, *Citronellol, *Limonene, *Linalool,Methylparaben, Propylparaben

*occurs naturally in essential oils
Looking at the ingredients, I see a lot of oils and butters, yay! The main ingredient is fresh organic lemon infusion, which is a evergreen tree with irregular branches bearing glistening, oval leaves. Its flowers are pinky-white and strongly perfumed, which eventually become the lemon fruit (according to lush). Let's start with the smell, because it is heavenly! A really fresh lemon smell. Since I really love citrus scents, this product is one of my favourite smelling products! It's not like a pure lemon smell, so it's not like only lemon. It is mixed with something else that I don't know :-). 
On to the packaging! It's a very solid black plastic packaging, which has a nice size to throw in your bag. Also, the strong plastic and the cap make that you don't have to worry about getting the cream all over and in your bag. All the information you need is on the box: the purpose, the ingredients, the content (50 ml),the expiration date and it even tells you who made your cream at what date (see picture above)! Also, it's nice to know the packaging is made of 100% recycled plastic. If you bring back five clean lush packages (with packages I mean the recycled boxes), you get a (facial) mask for free!
The cream itself is not tested on animals. Also a really nice detail. The butter has a very thick creamy texture and it feels really nice. Also, the cream is very spare in usage, nobody I know used all the cream in one year. That can be con, because maybe it would have been smarter if they made smaller packages, and also a lower price, because the butter isn't cheap, and it would be a pitty if it would expire and a half of the lemony flutter is left!
before I even bought lemony flutter
three days after using lemony flutter twice or three times a day 
 how much butter you need for both of your hands
 cream before massaging in
after massaging in (as you can see I like to not fully massage it in)
As you can see this cream is amazing! On the before picture my cuticles are dry, look slightly irritated and not healthy at all. On the after picture you can really see the difference! Hydrated, strong ans healthy-looking cuticles. It also did micarcles for my toe cuticles, because that was where I needed the hydration the most. My toe cuticles were fused together with my nails, and pushing them back seemed impossible. Now I can really compare them to my finger nail cuticles! Yay! I like to take a finger of the lemony flutter, apply a even amount of product on every cuticle, and than lightly massage it in, so there's still a little amount of product visible around the cuticles. Also, the cream disolves (and don't know the English word for this, but I just want to say that it isn't visible very quick anymore) very quickly, which is a huge pro! I mean, nobody likes to walk around with oily fingers for half an hour! And like Lush says, I keep sniffing myself in order to smell the lemony flutter :-). The butter also tranfers into oil quickly, but if you wouldn't know that, you won't even notice it. Also, it does miracles for my elbows, where I like to use it.

All with all, I totally understand the hype around this product. It's easy to use, it smells amazing, the packaging is nice and practical and the butter itself works amazing! A real recommendation!

Pro's:


  • Not tested on animals
  • The plastic used for the packaging is recycled
  • Not only usable for your cuticles (also for elbows, knees and toes)

Con's:

  • Packaging is to big to use all of the butter before it expires
  • It isn't cheap, but it just depends on how much you want to pay for it

What is your favourite product to take care of you nails/hands?

xXx Imke

1 comment:

  1. Hi, thanks for this because it is pricey and didn't know whether or not to buy this! U definitely made my mind up!! By the way, the word u were looking for was 'absorb'

    ReplyDelete